Custom Sourcing Itineraries & Guided Buyer Trips
Custom, In-Country Sourcing Itinerary
You are a designer, wholesaler, or retailer and love to travel, but want to ensure you make the most of your time in a specific country. We will create a customized itinerary, setting up appointments with prospective artisan suppliers that meet your specific needs.
Custom sourcing itineraries allow you to focus on what you love. We will help make the most of your experience and ensure that you maximize your travel dollars. We help expedite your in-country travel and create a custom list of appointments so that you can easily visit workshops, see products, and meet local artisans face-to-face.
How it works:
- We will arrange a preliminary discovery call to gain clarity on your highest priorities, product interest, and specific country requests.
- AOW will create a customized in-country itinerary and set up artisan appointments.
- Itineraries often include a list of artisanal resources (artisan enterprises, handmade shops, artisan workshops, museums, etc.) based on personal insight and field experience as a way to help navigate a specific region or city and maximize your time.
What you’ll get:
- A productive and efficient time in-country, ensuring you meet quality, on-brand, prospective suppliers.
- A PDF itinerary that can include top shops, museums, artisan workshops to visit, suggested places to visit for handmade goods, etc.
- Assistance setting up in-country meetings.
Guided Buyer Trips:
Are you a designer, wholesaler or retailer who’s inspired by travel, new cultures and the thrill or discovery?
AOW Handmade has developed a new service just for you. We offer customized, guided tours to the artisan meccas of the world. Meet local artisans, visit markets, and discover a whole new world of resources for your business.
And the best part is, we’ll help you navigate it all. Together with one of our expert guides, you’ll visit regional trade shows, artisan workshops and local studios. We’ll personally introduce you to a host of vetted, reliable, export-ready suppliers.
How it works:
- We start with a preliminary discovery call of up to one hour, during which we’ll establish your priorities, interests and specific requests.
- We suggest that you follow up with a mood board or product photos to give us a clear understanding of the type of product you hope to find. This mood board should include general price points, if possible.
- Together we will determine availability and schedule the trip.
- AOW will confirm all details and appointments and provide a compete itinerary prior to the trip.
- AOW and client will arrange a time and place to meet in the country. AOW will arrange drivers if the client so desires.
What does your trip include?
Based on the number of days requested, we provide the following activities:
- Visits to regional trade shows and artisan markets;
- Visits to local design-oriented retail and shopping districts;
- Working visits with artisan workshops;
- Reservations at unique local restaurants;
- Visits to local cultural institutions (museums, galleries, etc.);
- A fun and productive time!
Want to learn more? Reach out for a custom quote!
How it works:
What you will get:
Leverage personalized, expert advice.
A one-on-one strategy session with AOW Handmade helps you define your brand objectives, unique creative requirements, as well as production and purchasing goals. Take advantage of Annie Waterman’s wealth of expertise in selecting artisan partners and ethical sourcing options.
Exclusive access to AOW Handmade’s vast worldwide network of vetted artisan suppliers.
You’re looking for the perfect source to craft a new line of handmade goods. Or perhaps you’re in search of ethical and unique handmade goods with a compelling story that your clientele will love. AOW Handmade will listen to your needs
and introduce you to high-quality producers who are creatively and logistically equipped to bring your product to market.
Enjoy a seamless, expedited sourcing process.
AOW Handmade will handle all the time-consuming research and vetting procedures, finding unique artisan suppliers perfectly aligned with your brand. We’ll interface directly with vendors from concept to delivery, saving you precious time and resources. Annie’s expertise and close vendor relationships save you from having to go through months of production headaches only to realize your vendor is not going to be able to meet target deadlines.
Stay ahead of the competition.
Annie travels the world, from small artisan studios to international trade shows, cultivating new partnerships, identifying trends firsthand, and meeting individually with hundreds of artisan enterprises. With her finger on the pulse of the marketplace, AOW will help you easily and efficiently offer new products that keep you ahead of the competition. Your clientele will be delighted by the treasures you offer; your competitors will wonder where on earth you discovered them.